Choose your Color or Design
We offer the possibility of manufacturing coloured modules, printing patterns, making logos or giving the module the appearance of a fine building material. Our products are used as an alternative to terracotta, slate, rusty metal sheet, wood or stone, They can easily replace façade materials such as Alucobond® or Trespa® while having the advantage of producing electricity.
Digital Ceramic Printing
The color or design is obtained by depositing a thin layer of ceramic pigments on the front glass. The pigments are melted into the glass at 800°C by a firing process which ensures the stability of the colors over time.
Select the right Glass Texture
Glass is the only substrate that is capable of protecting the PV cells from external aggressions. It is available in an infinite variety of textures. Matte or slightly structured, extra light or corrugated. Combined with the colour or design of your choice, the result will be yours.
Glass Types: extra-clear, Acid Etched (mat), Pilkington Stippolyte, Ice Diamond,, Crystal, Albarino P, Albarino S (or equivalent)
How to order your sample?
- Who can request a sample?
Architects, building owners, installers, facade builders or anyone who owns a building and has a serious project
2. Are the samples available immediately?
We maintain a stock of terra cotta and copper SolarTerra samples which are sent by DHL maximum 72 hours after receipt of your paid order. All other samples are produced to order after obtaining specifications for colour or design and type of glass. A physical meeting or video conference free of charge is organised for each request in order to advise our customers and understand their exact requirements. Samples are then produced within 2 to 3 weeks.
3. What is the format?
The standard format for the production of samples is A4 (210 x 297 mm). This is the fastest format to produce, the easiest to store and transport. Other formats are possible on request. The cost is often higher. We are also able to produce 1:1 scale samples or mockups of several square metres.
4. How much does it cost?
Standard samples (Copper/Terra Cotta/White/Wood): EUR/CHF 120
Including express courier costs.
Spécific samples: EUR/CHF 500 (3pcs)
- 1 uniform colour
- 4 mm dot colour printing - Chess board design one colour
- on extra-clear glass, matt glass, non-decorative low-structure glass
- matching of the customer's desired colour without strict RAL obligation
- delivery of 3 different samples for customer approval
- including express courier costs.
Complex design and strict RAL colour: EUR 800 (6 pcs)
- specific building material (wood, stone, etc.) - based on picture provided by the customer
- specific multi-color design, logo or lettering
- on any glass available from our library
- strict RAL obligation
- delivery of 6 different samples for customer approval
- including express courier costs.
Prices excl. VAT 7.7% / VAT not applicable for B2B customer outside Switzerland
5. What is the colour efficiency?
The efficiency depends on 4 factors:
1. The colour: darker colours have a better efficiency
2. Bright colours have a lower efficiency. For example, to get a true red "Ferrari" colour is almost impossible, without loosing 90% of the efficiency of the cell.
3. Glass type: acide echteched glass, extra clear, soft pattern glasses offer the best efficiency. The use of decorative glass or non-extra-clear glass results in a loss of 3 to 4%
4. Glass thickness: a loss of 1% per mm of glass. Usually, 3 to 6 mm glass is used. Some projects require glass up to 12 mm. The samples are made of 3.2 or 4mm glass.
At Activ'Glass, we use the same cells as those used in standard solar panels. However, the colouring of the glass influences the efficiency of the cells behind.
White colour 7% or 70Wp/m2
Terra Cotta Color 15% or 150Wp/m2
Wood solar 16% or 160Wp/m2
Chess board design (any color) 17% or 170Wp/m2
Copper Colour 18% or 180Wp/m2
SolarTerra Black Color 20% or 200Wp/m2
Standard solar panel 20% or 200Wp/m2
The efficiency of samples is calculated theoretically and based on glass transparency measurements. Samples are not tested electrically (STC) and are not functional. The purpose of a sample is to obtain validation of the module's aesthetic appearance.
6. Are the samples functional?
No. The purpose of a sample is to obtain validation of the module's aesthetic appearance. The efficiency of samples is communicated with the sample but the yield calculation is theoretical based on glass transparency measurements. Samples are not tested electrically (STC) with flasher. The risk of error is +-15%. To flash a complete module, we consider that it must be equipped with at least 16 cells. The A4 samples have only one cell.
7. How can I order you a sample?
1. Standard colours/designs (terra cotta/copper/white or wood): please send your request directly by email to email@example.com
2. Specific sample colours or designs : please send us an email to sample @activ-glass.com with a picture or colour reference of your choice. We like having a written description of your requirement so that we can advise you better. Let us know which glass type (see above) you are looking for. If all the information is clear from both sides, we will send you an offer based on our price list (see FAQ 4). If you or we require more information, we will propose a meeting, preferably by video conferencing at http://meet.activ-glass.com
Please provide, with your email:
- name, company
- contact (phone, email or WhatsApp)
- VAT number
- shipping address